UPDATE: FMATS will not be holding another TAP process or calling for project nominations. For future TAP funding, apply with the State of Alaska program .
The 2016 program awarded the funds allocated for FFY13: $227,744. The total amount including the non-federal share (match) is $250,351.
The FMATS Policy Committee awarded the following projects on July 20, 2016:
View the Scoring Committee memo: FFY16 TAP Recommendations Memo
View the submitted applications:
- Bjerremark Application – City of Fairbanks
- Bike and Pedestrian Count Equip Application – City of Fairbanks
- Sidewalk Survey Application -City of Fairbanks
- Multi-Use Path Erosion Damage Application- UAF
The ICAP increased from 4.65% to 4.96% during the application process.
A Pre-Application Workshop was held on July 7th. Read the Questions and Answers: 7.7.16 TAP Program Workshop
Who can apply?
The eligible entities to receive TAP funds are:
- local governments
- school districts
- public land agencies
- transit agencies
- natural resource agencies
- local education agencies or schools
- tribal governments
- any other local or regional government entity with responsibility for oversight of transportation or recreational trails (other than a metropolitan planning organization or a state agency).
The State of Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities (ADOT&PF) and FMATS are not eligible Sponsors for TAP funds but may partner with eligible Sponsors to carry out a project. Non-profit organizations are not eligible as direct Sponsors unless they qualify through one of the eligible categories but are eligible to partner with any eligible entity on a TAP project.
What can they apply for?
Eligible projects are:
- bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure
- safe routes to school (Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Education Program for Grades K-8)
- recreational trails
- environmental mitigation
- historic preservation if related to a transportation facility
- archaeological activities related to transportation impacts
Ineligible projects include roadway capacity, transit, landscaping, and resurfacing or reconstruction.
View the Full Packet: TAP Program FFY13
Get the Application: Local TAP Application
Submit the Submittal Form and all attachments to Donna Gardino by 12pm on July 18, 2016
electronically at email@example.com or by mail to:
Attn: FMATS TAP Process
800 Cushman Street
Fairbanks, AK 99701
Please forward any questions to Donna Gardino, FMATS MPO Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or (907)459-6786